5k Teacher

Saturday, December 24, 2011

12 Days of NC Christmas

There is NOTHING like Christmas in the South.  The cool weather, lovely views, amazing fatty foods etc.  My class read the book 12 Days of NC Christmas prior to break and they LOVED it.  If you teach in NC this is a wonderful book to read.  You can incorporate Google Earth for more perspective too.  This book highlights some of NC's finest features(our amazing mountains, BBQ, fabulous beaches, Christmas lights).  Yes, Christmas Lights! We are home to Christmastown USA.  When I read it, I couldn't believe it, so I went to good ole' Google (what did we do before google? lol).  This place truly exists, it was shocked.  Well, Mr. Hubby and I happen to have an anniversary this past week and decided (last minute) to visit Asheville (where we went on our honeymoon) and therefore we took a little detour to Christmastown.  It was fabulous! In McAdenville, NC (Christmastown) the entire Main Street is decked out for Christmas.  I am not talking cheesy blow ups and lights randomly placed.  This town plans and really decks the halls right! I am so pumped to share all my videos and pics with my kids in January.  I love any opportunity where I can bring a book to life.  This was a wonderful read aloud that my kids begged me to read everyday.  Get your copy today!

The Twelve Days of Christmas in North Carolina (Twelve Days of Christmas, State By State)
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment