5k Teacher

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Literature Circles

Wow! What a FAST weekend this has been. Mr. Husband and I were out of town yesterday for a concert so I have not gotten a whole lot done this weekend. However, we had a blast. While I was out of town I received a message from The Bubblegum Tree letting me know that she nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award, lets just say it made my day that much sweeter. I love her blog you should check it out!


I absolutely LOVE teaching reading this year. It may be my favorite subject I am teaching, and that says a lot because I am a math NUT! This year my grade level has been following Laura Candlers reading workshop model. This week we began diving into literature circles with our kids. We have been using lit. circles all year however, this week we began to go in more depth.

We started our week off by defining a TEAM. Students listed qualities of a TEAM in our circle map. We have been having daily quick checks with our groups and students have been able to show how they are working as a team. Here is my Lit Circle packet that I made. Let me know what you think!

Go to my TpT site to view my FIRST every item posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment