5k Teacher

Monday, January 9, 2012

Class Dojo


I am in love with my iPad. I honestly take and use it wherever and whenever I can. Since my last iPad post I have found a new use for this wonderful piece of technology in the classroom: class dojo. I came across Class Dojo on Facebook of all places. One of my teacher friends (which one I cannot remember) posted a link encouraging teachers to check it out. Well, one looked and I was hooked!

Class dojo is an online classroom management tool. The first step is to add all of your students names. The site then gives each one a character to which you can reward points and consequentially take then away. This totally goes along with my ticket policy so I started on our first day back. The website has preset positive and negative behaviors however, you can adapt them to fit your needs.




I take my iPad everywhere the kids and I go,that way I can update their points all day long. At the end of the day I pass out tickets based I how many points they earned throughout the day. Class dojo offers a reports feature which will be valuable when conferencing with parents. Oh, I forgot to mention that it is FREE! Try it out and let me know what you think. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment