5k Teacher

Sunday, October 30, 2011

There is a first for everything

Happy, FRREEEEEZZZZING, Sunday

Where did my nice 70 degree temps go?  They need to come back, I miss them.  If it is this cold NOW what is it going to be by Thanksgiving?!?!?!  Ok, enough of my complaining. Last night was truly a first time experience for me.  I attended my FIRST Haunted Woods Ride (yes, you may insert laughing now...) This was no ordinary Haunted Woods Ride.  This particular event took place at the home of Ron Clark's parents.  Yes, the Ron Clark ! To top it off, he was in town with several of his kids for ECU's homecoming festivities.

My wonderful friend Marina and I decided to be good sports and brave the ride.  We were in the first group.  Oh my word, I screamed like a little girl, jumped into the floor a few times and shed a tear or two.  To say the least I was scared!  When we ended the ride, Marina and I were pure shaking! Well not long after we got off our ride we were asked to be part of the Haunted Woods cast.  Like, put a costume on, act all scary and jump out a people.  Of course, being the good sports/crazy teachers we are we said YES.  It was so much fun.  I cannot wait to share with my babies on Monday.  Here is a picture of our lovely outfits.  I am considering it as a choice for Monday, lol.

 My sweet friend, Marina! So glad we did this together. P.S.-Hope I didn't squeeze your hand too hard, lol
Thank you to the Clark Family for this opportunity.  Mr. Clark, you are truly an inspiration to us all.  I enjoyed speaking with you and your wonderful students.

No comments:

Post a Comment