5k Teacher

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Digital Literacy

Hey guys! I am back from my long hiatus...boy, have I missed blogging. With everything the end of the year brings my poor blog had to take a back seat.

The past two days I have been in a Digital Literacy workshop and it has been amazing! When I originally found out I was accepted into this workshop and it was 2 weeks long I was a little skeptical. However, on day one I was floored by its awesomeness.

We began our day by reading Where I'm From by George Ella Lyon. We recorded our thoughts on Evernote. Evernote is an amazing way students can electronically record their thoughts, feelings, notes etc. My school is going to be a technology pilot school (HOLLA) so I was immediately engaged.

After we read the article and recorded we then listened to the poet read the poem. This two step process really helped turn my prospective on what the poet meant for certain stanzas. The workshop leaders then challenged us to write our own version using Evernote. To take it a step further we then had to record our poems using pictures and words using Voice Thread.. After playing around with Voice Thread I was amazed by all the lesson possibilities that could incorporate this technology.

Anways...times to start day 3! Will post more Digital Literacy resources later in the week.

Here is my voice thread

Whats I've been up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment